Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Mad as Hell!!!

I smiled to myself this morning while I was watching a clip of Mayor Bloomberg on the news, in which he quoted the movie Network during a news conference about the MTA fare hikes. He said that we had to get on the phone and tell our assembly people "I am mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore!" And indeed we should. However, those words should not only apply to the external things that alter our lifestyles. Those very words are the words we should say to ourselves every time our physical state interferes with the way we live. Every time you can not fit into a pair of your pants, or you can't do a sit-up because your stomach is in the way, or you can't get up a couple of flights of stairs with out resting...you need to say "I am mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore!"...Because you do not have to take it! You CAN change it!!! Be an activist...not only about the worldly issues that concern you, but about your health. You matter just as much or more! Live Well!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's the spirit! Do something about it!